Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dead Can Dance - Mesmerism


13 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

I love the synth-like, Chinese hammered dulcimer or yangquin, a supposed devolution of the clavichord brought by the Italians...

http://tripatlas.com/Yangqin

Σφιγξ said...

I just checked my Real Age (of Roizen and Oz fame): I am 19.4 years old from my 23.8...owing to a refusal to wear a seatbelt, low omega 3s, low C intake and predicted stresses of living in paradise.

Food for thought.

Σφιγξ said...

I was thinking about the yangqin today. The more it changes...

Σφιγξ said...

I am indifferent to pretext of his particular muse, but I like the imagined scaffolding and vertebral column enclosed in a shower.


http://pictify.com/319179/the-palace-at-4-am-1932-giacometti

Σφιγξ said...

Remember, though, it devolves to this in Giacometti:

http://www.moma.org/collection/object.php?object_id=81796

Σφιγξ said...

http://books.google.com/books?id=Y1UQpnAlHgkC&pg=PP305&dq=venus+in+capricorn+studying+architecture&hl=en&sa=X&ei=sY5hUqvwA8nayAGL7ICYBQ&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAA

Σφιγξ said...

Yes, solid construction that can allow for an organic center. To be honest; however, I could not sleep in a space where someone could just walk into it or descend from above, like a courtyard.

https://www.archdaily.com/1001317/what-are-the-interior-courtyards-of-spanish-houses-like-10-examples-in-contemporary-architecture-and-design

Σφιγξ said...

Giacometti depicted the Surrealist trope of violence to women because he was a serial adulterer, alcoholic, and lived in a basement.

Σφιγξ said...

La femme couchée qui reve (1929).

https://www.fondation-giacometti.fr/en/database/163662/reclining-woman-who-dreams

No matter; the artist's habits, while his sculpture uses a few objects to create deep meanings.

Σφιγξ said...

https://books.google.com/books?id=D5-C2w8n5NwC&pg=PA60&dq=giacometti+l%27heure+des+traces&hl=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&source=gb_mobile_search&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjf2KOthZyGAxULJNAFHdvKBXYQ6AF6BAgIEAM#v=onepage&q=giacometti%20l'heure%20des%20traces&f=false

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.fondation-giacometti.fr/en/database/179907/la-mere-de-lartiste

Σφιγξ said...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zzJ1PYrQENRYtOwr3FtZDBUI9vRm3VJo/view?usp=drivesdk

Σφιγξ said...

I remember this photo when there were no more rental strollers but the banana sling type. The maternal protype is wide in the middle. This is an unflattering picture, but one must fend against this.