Sunday, October 19, 2008

Henry Lee

9 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

This "tender" duet on the Murder Ballads album parallels their abbreviated affair. I did not post this so much for that as for the song itself, I find it flippant and haunting.

I like Nick Cave and Polly Jean among others precisely for this form of understatement that keeps the turbulent details under wraps.

Σφιγξ said...

And Dylan's "Love Henry"...

The song belies the flashes of jealousy on their faces.

Σφιγξ said...

Xestobium, my candidate for the woodworm, is by far the best in History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters. A worm's eye view of Genesis anyone?

Σφιγξ said...

http://www.moleskine.com/us/collections/model/product/japanese-album-pocket

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbDogpiG8AE

Σφιγξ said...

https://bob-dylan.org.uk/archives/1864

Σφιγξ said...

For my niece and nephew:

https://store.moma.org/products/cat-in-coin-bank?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=23727879744&gbraid=0AAAAAD9gvK2-oQ0wkcWF3_rv2KXgbpCnH&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2_TQBhCnARIsAF3-XhwyAIEtsZgjy427bQlkiHmWpdVdp8t6gIGLbE2L8242ECYw7VhdzFYaArROEALw_wcB

Σφιγξ said...

We took Atticus to Chik-fil-A with a bus load of a rec league football team and cheerleaders. Carloads of small children, and then we came home to play Hello Kitty bingo, and then Millennial Trivial Pursuit.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1974614/quentin-tarantino-named-after-burt-reynolds-gunsmoke-quint-asper/

Σφιγξ said...

I feel like the acrimony would subside if we had a project like that.