Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A perfect day, Elise - PJ Harvey

This song, from the album "Is this desire?" is an allusion to the J.D. Salinger story, which was published in New Yorker magazine 31 January 1948, "A Perfect Day for a Bananafish." The song and its contents are interwoven with inexplicable anxiety and its result such as that on the day of Seymour Glass, whose disposition frightens a girl in an elevator as he makes his way back to the room with his ambivalent wife, Muriel. He lies down on the twin bed next to hers, and fires a bullet through his right temple.

5 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

*on the final day

Σφιγξ said...

I am striving not to be detached, egoistic, and off-putting as I have been these days. I have to remember (and the path for its expression is opening) that being receptive, adaptable, and using a feminine approach to things is not diminishing; in fact, it was what you need from me.

Σφιγξ said...

I wonder if I am projecting when I call the pastoral care office about an anxious, hopeless patient. I feel like I have to exhaust all pathways with meds, family or underlying causes, and then I call them.

Σφιγξ said...

I will put Exercise 89 here.

Σφιγξ said...

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AsA4BY25Ql_1mXr1Fm17KsV3pCiR?e=7VN62h

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AsA4BY25Ql_1mXwdr73w_keaiPbA?e=KFT46c

Thank you, for reminding me.