Friday, February 8, 2008

Me And You And Everyone We Know

Can you spot the metanarrative:

I came home from "night psych," where I stayed behind to argue over two points as to whether math anxiety resides in the domain of cognitive or psychosocial dysfunction (since we are being dichotomous), and I discovered two perceptions unknown to myself. I am Jewish (so I would be an authority on Tays-Sachs), and I am fifteen-years-old in a dual-enrollment from the local high school.

Later, I pieced together a cobalt blue (painted like the hydrate I used in lab) gingerbread house with white trim, obscured by pine needles on the coffee table. The mere five-hundred pieces fell right into place as I viewed this film heady from White Owl merlot, which I bought only because I liked the picture and because it had a bronze medal on it. In these moments, life proclaims itself to me. In addition to producing some aesthetic amino acid wallpaper from the tesselated side chains to decoupage one wall, I think I will steam off all of the labels of bottles that I have opened to make a "Drinking Diary." Did I detect the chocolatey notes with green apple finish?

The bird imagery in this film recalls my early experience of ornithology: Once I was looking up in a sylvan sweep and an indigo bunting and a scarlet tanager were facing each other on the same branch. As I turned away to tell the others, the pair of birds remained there, a clash in my vision.


3 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

Post note : I wonder if my life would be any different if I used my middle name: Christine, like the protagonist in the film.

Σφιγξ said...

As for my temperament, please examine the specimen drawer, kill jar, and dissecting pins available to you.

Σφιγξ said...

Actually, I have never killed a creature for purposes of display or inquiry into its structure. I have pulled nearly intact but beheaded specimens from car grills. In the spring, I pick up eggshells in containers; otherwise, they fall to pieces in my hands on walks.