Thursday, October 30, 2008

Brazilian Girls - Rules Of The Game

The lead singer, Sabina, reminds me so much of Martha (la française)...


Rules Of The Game

What are you to me tonight
Other than
Something we know from the past
Is that a laugh we had

Why are we here tonight
Are you sure
Before the night is over
I'll be yours

It's the rules of the game
The rules of the game
What can I do
There's nothing as a lie
Nothing as a lie
More as the truth

Do you think it's right
Just to stare
Straight into a picture
Old zero and one (?)

Who am I to you tonight
Look at me
"Don't talk", he says:
"Hmm let it be"

It's the rules of the game
The rules of the game
What can I do
There's nothing as a lie
Nothing as a lie
More as the truth

It's the rules of the game
The rules of the game
Don't ask me why
Noone knows how to win
Or knows what is fair
We just get by

It's the rules of the game
It's the rules of the game

7 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1550222/20070118/brazilian_girls.jhtml

Σφιγξ said...

Questions I will ask myself.

Σφιγξ said...

Since I am over hanging out my dark delicates out to dry, I am also ...rejuveniled. There is a world out there for the chase.

Σφιγξ said...

This I know: I am unlike many pursuers in that I fall into the same patterns; however, I have been within my ideal body weight (66 kg) for over a decade, I have had less than five partners my entire life, and I have an unglamorous, but remunerative job, though I wish to continue my education. I can live with what I have done.

Σφιγξ said...

If I make the current base income excluding overtime with the most negative assumptions of a 0.5% annual percentage increase, working from 38 to 69:

https://www.calcxml.com/do/ins07?skn=#results

Σφιγξ said...

This is the last instance where I mention data. It has no influence over women. Not talking about it. Anymore.

https://steidl.de/Books/The-Democratic-Forest-2337475153.html

https://www.clarkgallery.com/bookshelf/p/eggleston-william-ancient-and-modern

Σφιγξ said...

You are more of a woman than I could ever pose to be. Society literally bends its shape for women, and they subsequently come to expect it. Any limit imposed on reality is a man's problem, so I am in wide company.

We will set this down, grieve, and pick it up again. I have no other expectations than this.