Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day Star Divination

                 [Until Then]

12 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

http://books.google.com/books?id=rFIV_tYYld0C&pg=PA242&dq=Caravaggio+astronomy&hl=en&sa=X&ei=1rjdU9TYDMntoAS37ICQCw&ved=0CDYQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=Caravaggio%20astronomy&f=false

Σφιγξ said...

The first cartoon will go here, about quorum sensing, where someone reads from a book, and lifts a sleeve from the lab bench. The spill has grown.

http://aem.asm.org/content/78/16/5473.full?sid=34137b08-31e1-4a9b-8564-672ed8104951

Σφιγξ said...

Thank you, for reminding me how much I love cartoons.

https://dilbert.com/search_results?terms=Bob+In+Procurement

https://rozchast.com/cartoons_unclassifiable.shtml

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.seagravegallery.com/content/feature/96/artworks-863-edward-weston-kelp-1930/

https://books.google.com/books/about/You_Can_Only_Yell_at_Me_for_One_Thing_at.html?id=koKODwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button&hl=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&gboemv=1&ov2=1#v=onepage&q&f=false

https://dilbert.fandom.com/wiki/Procurement

Σφιγξ said...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VKHqTZahC3-BbgKVGhF3ZyAUC9m4wzOF/view?usp=drivesdk

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.delanceyplace.com/view-archives.php?4887

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Brilliant_History_of_Color_in_Art/PjMNBQAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=finlay%20fabric&pg=PP1&printsec=frontcover

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Fabric/mOFIEAAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=finlay%20fabric&pg=PA1&printsec=frontcover

Σφιγξ said...

The Kleiner 16th edition of Art Through the Ages was first read in 2006 among a full course load, and with a hostile elderly woman demeaning herself with slides to the thin audience of girls at eight in the morning. I took notes to get through, then. I am reading the updated textbook now.

The 3.2-mile walk this evening yielded this and a 2021 edition of Patricia Highsmith's Strangers on a Train (1950).

https://images.app.goo.gl/BXdcM

Σφιγξ said...

I take Prehistoric to Gothic this fall, which is out of sequence. The Kleiner 16th edition will also be in use.

I took care of my gym teacher's partner today - she taught me in the nineties when I was eight through eleven years old. She had not changed; she was still in shape in her seventies. She said she sees the children she taught all over the area, and it was very gratifying to be remembered.

Σφιγξ said...

The one observation I made about those two from August 2025 - they were still unhappy and searching, for something, within each other. The inequitable equation between them remained, no matter how many good deeds they did.

Σφιγξ said...

"Last time, Mabit discussed ways yisurim address the past; now, he takes up two ways they can be a function of the future. The easier of the two to understand is protective yisurim, where a moment of suffering now stops the righteous person from acting in a way that will damage him/her (especially spiritually, I think he means).

He gives the analogy of someone who gets a thorn in his foot and therefore misses a boat that turns out to be doomed to sink; I think he means Gd sometimes hinders a person from a path that would lead them down a bad road."

https://www.torahmusings.com/2021/09/yisurim-punishment-and-repentance/

Σφιγξ said...

From my forensics class this fall - slippage facilitates adipocere. I do not stare too much into this abyss. I can say that I have a working knowledge of it after all those shows I watched for the A&P, now.