Friday, December 26, 2014

Found Poem: John Updike's 13th Novel, pages 74-75

A walkway connects the front garden, where the leaking air conditioning is propped up
With the soaking quarto of my heart. You are making bar syrup from your bottomless eyes--

Exotic fruit. Overhanging a fountain, green-flecked frogs, where a child plays, I see this moment
Is strained into frosted glass, that is, the moment we are not getting it. Retreating to Flame trees

Foreign arms, falling on faraway paths, and the soaking quarto I extract is bottomless, before my eyes.
This is our Book of Days, and your beaded collar, with warm gray-green tones, wrought the weight
Of a hand around my neck. The moment you are not getting me, hence the retreat to flame trees
Lining an avenue, and with not just women we are speaking of. Anyone confers the space to spread out

And create, and these are our outward views on both sides of the house, which wrought the weight
Of years. Admirably composed, with each abandoned prize, we grow absolutely
buried in, or cocooned?
It was like going back in time, when we walked into the house, but improved with the space to spread out.
In our handmade house, a hand gages the trident points--in an umbrella stand, of course--of some sea king

Trawling with a rusted hulk, and these thoughts lure me out of the reverie, and your breath, that cocoons me.
A serpent power is awakened again, I find, in austerities, literally weeping out impurities you always suspect,
Tainting the vision of our Floss Silk Tree shading the afternoon. I try to frame the cycle's geometry, the sea king
Salt-ragged, septic to all concerned, nevertheless fills my thoughts. I do not like moving furniture in this room.

Your subtle body slinks sideways, through French doors, colors my thoughts,
Kundalini, of other hedges, too.
For one constant, she sleeps at the base of the spine, and undergoes combustion of the same suspected impurities
Clouding our true reflections, and making something very unique in this room. So, it affords another sight-seeing trip.
Also in this chakra recoils the creature I gave to you, sapped the seed, and in the clutch of your fingers, uprooted to life.

For one constant, I must know you. Sleep at the base of my spine, undergoing combustion of the same impurities,
To burst into exotic fruit. And overlooking a rock fountain, green-flecked frogs, I, at one moment, I thought I would
Leave, with everybody wanting a piece, but I noted in the lotus, with their water-lily-like flowers, the creature you made,
And a walkway connects. The front garden, where the leaking air conditioning is propped up, is waiting for you, some Wednesday,
baby, when you can take an extra half-hour.



7 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

Yes. I was anticipating you, even when I had no idea that procaine is biotransformed to PABA.

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collections/works-in-focus/photography.html?no_cache=1&zoom=1&tx_damzoom_pi1%5BshowUid%5D=123157

Σφιγξ said...

This is from 26 December 2009, which was drafted, and brought to the front of the ream.

Σφιγξ said...

I already have considered holidays that are meaningful to all. You will never hear or see me spoil them for you. I am spending December in silent observance and the later part of the month with family.

Σφιγξ said...

You understand that I will never meet the definition of a Jewish woman because I was born in a state of impurity. There is probably low motivation to convert a person like me because I am at the end of my reproductive years (my mother was menopausal at 51), and my intended partner is not a convert. I accept this.

I persist for my next life. It is not something I have to explain or persuade others to follow.

Σφιγξ said...

The dairy farm we visited today used a herringbone milking parlor.

Very implementable. All of the cows were pets, who came up to kiss you on the mouth. The granny cow was 18 before she was sent off owing to her osteoarthritis and growing inability to stand. The largest issue was disposing of the manure of 350 cows, which was agitated in a cement enclosure and broadcast according to environmental quality standards.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7117046/

https://themicrodairy.com/herringbone-milking-parlor/

Σφιγξ said...

An evolving notion might be that I am making sustained progress toward understanding and accepting the obligations of Jewish life. The progress is sustained and steady, and I will find a shul at the right time. I do not need to create needless conflict with others at a different point on their journey.

The point of being scattered among nations is to bring all closer. Kiruv, קירוב, signifies "to bring close" and this was initially undertaken by Avraham who heard and understood at forty. Some jews go through the motions and conform to their societal expectations, and if that was my case, I would still want to understand and keep growing.

Σφιγξ said...

Ohr lagoyim.


The milking parlor was like this, which could accommodate ten cows. They stepped in a disinfectant foot bath prior to milking. In that case, the girl with a degree in dairy science had to quality control her samples in the refrigerated room next door in order to resolve the acceptable ppm of bacteria for the milk truck. If the ppm was too high, they would dispose of the milk on site

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uj7_dauoINk&pp=ygUYY293cyBpbiBtaWxraW5nIHBhcmxvdXIg