Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mare's Nest

Once again, you find yourself awake and unruffled with your neck pain and nausea. Other days preceded this--a waltz of half-amusements and linguistic turns at decisive moments in a conversation between intimates. Now is a welter of honest self-reprisals and anxious pulsations addressed to the same...inmate? Such a person cannot completely fill her station as an unwelcome guest within the selective frames of magazine spread what with its sachets and pillow mints, a barrel body prostrate on a bed for tapping, decanting panther piss. She reacted, overexcited with grief, for being expected. This evening, to gain the wind.

3 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

http://www.tate.org.uk/tateetc/issue1/article6.htm

I like this quirky Victorian not so much for his famed madness, but for the enlargement of irrational details...the frozen act of splitting a hazelnut. I think of Hieronymous Bosch.

Σφιγξ said...

I was using the archaic expression for confusion. My own associations with this word recall my history with horses. Mares in estrus roll around on the ground.

Σφιγξ said...

Incidently, I found the article on Richard Dadd in my search query for the modern usage of "a mare's nest."