Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Memory's Mint Vault


"Castalia is a symbolic realm where all spiritual values are kept alive and present, specifically through the practices of the Glass Bead Game. It depicts a future society in which the realm of culture is set apart to pursue its goals in splendid isolation..." May 1969 - Theodore Ziolkowski

This, with its usual faults: garish coloring, lack of dimension, was chopped up for a Powerpoint on Hermann Hesse's Das Glasperlenspiel. If I recall, I became too involved in this to attend to other things, which resulted in a dereliction of everything.


I prefer to make my own images, wherever possible. Not that my gestures toward a syncretic blend of irezumi and circuitry necessarily worked then, but I am tempted (after all this time) to venture another body tattoo inscribed with these precepts.

8 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

Ah, Salvia divinorum...now I just need a desert to walk in, an open schedule...

I deferred the possibility of harrowing my flesh (again)for reasons relating to that variable I call "timeliness."

The deconstruction or a contemplation of fragments is still my conceptual mind working things out. I was embarrassed unearthing this at first, but I decided that I should look at it with "draftinesse" because the questions it raises have yet to be answered.

Σφιγξ said...

You mentioned fixation with mint, the color, once.

Σφιγξ said...

No, I purchased many sheets of the same, but now I use purple canson paper.

Nauseous?

Σφιγξ said...

I cannot work on a white field...it is too sterile.

Σφιγξ said...

Mutual expectations

This influence will show you in a positive way the duties and obligations that you have to live up to in your relationships. This will not be especially difficult for you, because you get considerable gratification from being of service to your loved ones. The reality of your emotional relationships is extremely important to you. Because you want relationships that are real, this is a good time to sit down with a loved one and arrive at a conscious understanding of what you expect from each other. A relationship can be ruined by not knowing what each party demands and needs from the other. Today you can make this clear to both lovers and friends and thereby minimize a possible source of trouble in your relationships.

The interpretation above is for your transit selected for today:
Venus sextile Saturn, exact at 16:06 22 September 2014 until 24 September 2014

Σφιγξ said...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3DfyJRIT4jycmplUDlnbEV6MWM/edit?usp=sharing

Σφιγξ said...

Exercise 91.

Σφιγξ said...

L'Art du silence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Le_Sidaner#/media/File%3AHenri_Le_Sidaner_-_Small_Table_in_Evening_Dusk_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg