Sunday, April 27, 2008

Things Done and Undone

I've bolded the things I've done...

01. Caught the eye of an albino violinist
02. Painted a self-portrait
03. Exchanged enigmatic glances with La Gioconda
04. Climbed Mont Blanc
06. Prepared an animal for slaughter...catching and cleaning fish
07. Served in the military...a commissioning stint, only to resign with veteran's papers

08. Witnessed a mare foal
09. Tended an orchard
10. Gone rock climbing...a confidence course
11. Given a lecture as an expert
12. Attended a high school reunion
13. Visited Australia
14. Survived a major car accident
15. Visited a clap clinic...as a supportive friend
16. Won first prize in a costume contest
17. Buried one of your parents
18. Committed and publicly confessed a labor of love
19. Saved someone from drowning
20. Posed as nude model
21. Become the person I respect
22. Thrown out of a bar...for being underage
23. Survived a physical attack
24. Gone without food for five days
25. Be truly nameless and friendless
26. Awake in Big Sur with the person that matters most
27. Broken a bone, a heart
28. Stayed a week in Black Rock City, Nevada
29. Experienced a moment of perfect contentment
30. Attained conversational, besides written, command of a foreign language
31. Designated "home" as anywhere I hang my hat
32. Slept under the stars
33. Had an out-of-body experience...I fell out of a third story window, and momentarily, out of my body
34. Petted a sting-ray
35. Resisted the temptation to compare my life, my scope
36. Planted a night garden...complete with Datura
37. Viewed the manufacture of hand-blown Murano glass
38. Eaten wild mushrooms...on a dare
39. Dressed a cane toad
40. Bathed in the Caspian Sea
41. Regretted a lapse of religious life
42. Remained with someone as s/he passed
43. Threw up on a rollercoaster
44. Bought a house
45. Completed a dissertation and an oral defense...for un-professional reasons
46. Drove coastline to coastline
47. Recovered from a major illness
48. Been heartbroken more than you have actually been in love
49. Graffiti
a bathroom stall
50. Rubbed a headstone for an expanse of years
51. Designed my own built-in bookshelves
52. Won the (small change) lottery...because I refuse to lose to play
53. Complete all of the hard math prerequisites, which seemed to hold others back
54. Experienced a feeling that everything is as it should be
55. Hunched inside the Great Pyramid...what a let-down, I liked what I imagined from books better
56. Participate in a half-marathon

6 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

To continue: I have/have not:
57. Visited the land of the falling lakes
58. Taken an interest in boating culture
59. Ski Banff
60. Fallen in a water jump
61. Rode a motorcycle
62. Lived under a Mansard roof
63. Resisted the temptation to be silent rather than cordial
64. Inscribe an alchemical symbol on my flesh
65. Worn corrective lenses
66. Conferred all the titles in the Penguin Great Loves series

Σφιγξ said...

I have/have yet to*

Σφιγξ said...

A contrariety.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/drawings-watercolors/raoul-dufy-le-violon-bleu-5333972-details.aspx

I have been thinking for some time about the violin of my youth, which disappeared. I think I will buy two, to show my niece, and if she progresses, there is room for investment. I do not have overarching expectations, only an intuitive sense.

http://www.get-tuned.com/html5-violin-tuner.php

http://fiddlershop.com/cecilio-violin-cvn-colored.html

Σφιγξ said...

http://www.paris.fr/pratique/musees-expos/musee-de-la-vie-romantique/george-sand-et-la-photographie/rub_5851_actu_155372_port_24533

Σφιγξ said...

https://fleursdumal.org/poem/103

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxJ2ASz-kno