Saturday, March 29, 2008

...as an adjunct for travel. Why?

I have neither felt fit for the cotillion, either.
But I wear it with confidence, this velvet, doublet

Cinched at the waist with cherry-twisted buttonholes
Like N
apoleon's enlisted--cleft on the chin, at the door
Agape with all the tin buttons crumbling in the frost,

One who's taken, by the first offer, sucks it through
A drupe, a domestic shorthand, a plate half-finished
For some sign of my embodied lord, who I occasioned

And caused a blood blister to form, flow on the lower lip
By whose light I first read the dog-eared pages of the passion.





6 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

Unpacking this, I am not certain if it says what I meant for it to say. The tail-end of the conversation removes any doubt as to my originality, given the similarities between Lisa and myself. What I should say is that Jeanette Winterson, Viktor Frankl's The Sun, The Legendary Pink Dots, and yes, that poem, "Lessons in Climatology" are some fixtures I have taken with me as a result of our acquaintance.
I fear the inevitable imprinting that happens with an affection such as mine...

Σφιγξ said...

I think I would agree with an astute observer that her life is a rather well-worn cliché: "the U-haul lesbian."

That I even reconnoiter her whereabouts online speaks to the impression I have borne in mind, and not really the person. I recall a command, " not to append me in one of the margins of your books."

I ask you, who began the compulsion to burn up the ground and/or pages of world?

Σφιγξ said...

the*

Σφιγξ said...

http://www.ritmanlibrary.com/2015/03/where-more-is-meant-alchemical-imagery-in-miltons-il-penseroso/

Σφιγξ said...

"Teshuvah is not an easy thing to do. To begin with, sins spiritually change a person, and the more intentional they are, the more they blemish the person. They break down a person’s spiritual resolve, necessitating Heavenly intervention to allow them to fulfill their desire to do teshuvah."

https://torah.org/torah-portion/perceptions-5773-tzav/

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1190195/jewish/I-Keep-On-Forgetting-To-Count-the-Omer.htm