Friday, November 28, 2008

Fertilizer Spikes and The Legendary Pink Dots



When ever I find myself laying out the vitamins, I think of The Legendary Pink Dots' sonic amazements. And then my rosy, sublingual B12 chewable takes on a much more literal form: it comprises part of an aportioned mineral-dirt for a pica. I like to say that my fixation with supplements is to promote evermore-effective catabolism. That is to say, I am dosing myself with pinches of magic dust to draw out the spectral bands of each nutrient...or whatever drops into the steaming, black half-pot of coffee I take with my morning bits of Scientific America online and occultist claptrap (each has the same bearing).

In another formulation, vitamins can be construed as fertilizer spikes: jabbed into the root-bound houseplants we've become. We are supplemented because we are sickly, twisting beneath a drapery curtain in a ten-year-old pot of Earth. Just imagine the delivery of a what is to be converted into a sugary spangle into every corridor of your cellulistic selves.

Just before the bathroom mirror, when I brush my teeth, I am really scouring the slime layer accumulated overnight with a host of diatoms that once shimmered in an abyss. I've come to appreciate the post-apocalyptic version of The Legendary Pink Dots even in the smaller doses I take.


Proposed stained-glass



Selfish Mistress by Raymond A. Foss

Hours per credit
Eat my life
Sunny days indoors
Reading, writing, digesting
Old brain
Slow reader
Applying principle
To facts
Distinguishing, analogizing
Preparing for Debate, dialogue
Learning

Tension, choices
1 or 0
On/off
Selfish
Me or Her –
The Law?
Lines drawn
Interests at bay
Chaos and retribution
Much to lose
Or already lost



























































































































































































































































5 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

http://brainwashed.com/common/htdocs/discog/sol50.php?site=lpd08

Σφιγξ said...

La!

http://www.flytrapcare.com/carnivorous-plant-blog/blogger/Matt/

Σφιγξ said...

Exercise 91.

Σφιγξ said...

I like the Raymond A. Fosse poem, the work of one from the Granite state.

In my trouve avant de chercher travels, I found a first edition, ex-library copy of the Baltimore County Randallstown Area branch, Dead-Eye Dick (1982) next to a double-disc Polydor repressing of Layla and other assorted love songs by Derek and the Dominos (1970).

I like both, a lot, but when Eric goes on an inspired riff it sputters out. Most of his songs on this album could be cut five minutes.

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/first-draft.com/2014/04/23/album-cover-art-wednesday-layla-and-other-assorted-love-songs-2/amp/