Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oxalá Oxalá Oxalá ...Directed Towards a Certain End: A Galley Proof


"THE MEMORY WAR"

jacqueline,

For the sake of recognizing my weaknesses at the most convenient opportunity, I begin with the

admission that there is a relationship between my id and my grammar. I put this forward in an

attempt to ossify your conviction in support of the war. Assured as I am of your commitment to

this cause, and assured as I am of your faith in the common good and the foundation of all such

things (WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO STRIKE THE WORD PATRIOT OR ANY DERIVATIVE

THEREOF FROM THIS CORRESPONDENCE), it is nevertheless necessary to solicit a token

of your determination as an indelible and significant contribution to our campaign against the

interminably irrecollectable. In exchange for your commitment to a one time service charge against

your spirituality, the collective memory of the third sheet of six of the interactive display of opaqueness

is willing to offer you eternal sensitivity, and, as a special offer for first time customers, we are pleased

to offer the unlimited limit on your perception of emotional bankruptcy. If you respond before you die

you may qualify for a special gift. Simply insert yourself into the slot and wait breathlessly for

recognition.

Send to: jacqueline Bohon
PO Box 5555
Middleburg, VA 20117

4 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

This is a found object, from a former life. I am meditating on its contents because this is the first time I fully understand.

Σφιγξ said...

The only thing that has changed is that no one writes letters or postcards at all. No, people have changed, too.

Σφιγξ said...

P.O. Box 18162
Roanoke, VA 24014-0808

Σφιγξ said...

So you do not write me a letter because you fear; no, you know, it will enter into the record? That is fair. Remote sensing it is, then.

Exercise 91.