Saturday, November 8, 2008

Quizás, Quizás, Quizás


Yes, I know about pilars of electrolyte with copper and zinc poles, and the river in Africa... I admire her striking originality even if her Icelandic / English vocals at times grate the harp/ghettoblaster assemblies of her albums. Homogenic and Vespertine aside, I retrace my impression of the first listening.
For a year or so, I have speculated on the origin of Björk's sixth album, Volta, and then I reviewed Miró, Man and Woman in front of a Pile of Excrement, 1936 with its acid colors, and I came up with a possibility. Had she been to a leafy slope in Barcelona? I first thought of this, looking at the feet. The radioactive colors and the supposedly untrained visionary style of the painter would undoubtedly appeal to this November Sagittarius. The pattern of each of album is the tumultous drive toward the self.












7 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

Ha, funny that you should mention that, but I was contemplating viewing that this evening with a glass of wine as I finish my project on turquoise paper.

Σφιγξ said...

Lovely...By hacking a path through the cave the fragile crystal-forming ferment isn't destroyed?

Σφιγξ said...

Actually, I like Swedish massage, Reiki...by an anonymous practitioner. The offer by an intimate is so irritating, I can't bare it. It seems so contrived...

Σφιγξ said...

Would you mail in a sample of your DNA to be analyzed (in the private sector) for 300+ defects and/or markers for cancer? On the chance that it could be wrong?

I think I would, and I would take the results as reasonable as astrology.

Σφιγξ said...

resonably...and I would be modifying "take"

reasonable and I would be modifying "astrology"

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_rbJ4lBYM

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.zmescience.com/science/psychology-science/study-reveals-the-cognitive-superpowers-of-reading-fiction-more-than-just-words/