Sunday, November 30, 2008

Utter Stylus-ness or Composing Mental Lists

The Undiscovered Country: Poetry in the Age of Tin by William Logan

At dawn, death by trampling in a chain store

Sometimes, sometimes your liberty cabbage, goes dry...

Pink peppercorns or Schinus terebinthifolius

The work of Michel Henricot

Déménagement

The Carey-Yale deck

Why do we live and breathe music? Find Oliver Sacks' Musicophilia

The paintings of Ana Juan

Possibly a blue wreath of eucalyptus and juniper berries bound by 22-gage floral wire

Small, cream-colored colonies are the most obvious sign of Staph epi

Recipe for vindaloo

Rhinovirus can survive up to four days on surfaces

An hour on the elliptical trainer, not because I want to work out, meet people or watch CNN on mute

What to think of AlJazeeraEnglish, hand-grenades and bags of almonds for energy

Words like, la chiromancienne

Europe, A Prophecy

Doubt, the movie.




8 comments:

Σφιγξ said...

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/article.asp

Σφιγξ said...

Yes, I consult this regularly whether I put theory into practice or not. I like to think that food that I crave (when submitted to a breakdown such as this) satisfies a nutrient replenishment or deficiency of which I am only slightly aware.

Σφιγξ said...

Chapter 26 of John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath, the pregnant and malnourished Rose of Sharon is caught eating "a piece of slack lime", and her mother admits to eating coal when she was pregnant.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/02/18/coin.eater.ap/index.html

My pregnant mother was compelled to drink bottles and bottles of tomato juice to the point of vomiting. I didn't discover this until I was a small child, and I consumed my way through my grandparents' tomato plants until my mouth was one large ulcer from the acid...

Σφιγξ said...

I have other preoccupations besides caloric equivalents, but I have perfected my routine breakfast. Bananas are cloyingly sweet accompaniments unless green; some in season fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, and Basswood honey, which is dark and citrus. I can go all day on this, and for now, I am savoring one cup of coffee for breakfast and a half cup at 4pm. Caffeine is actually easier to release than I had anticipated.



I am not sure why I cited that, then. I must have been close to or in the middle of satisfying my intense umami cravings with varicolored tomatoes. It makes sense to try to plant them again, but I think one is wise to go the community garden route, and learn from the best on soil and insect perturbations.

Robust appetites are frequently concealed behind a feeding rubric, so I stay busy and skip desert. I have also given up the daily gym workout; I do not want a repetitive use injury, and it redirects the glucose from my head, now that I am operating it more efficiently.

Σφιγξ said...

Folate-rich plants and supplements. Beta-carotene is natural sunblock.

Σφιγξ said...

Capsules; one really cannot obtain dietary sufficiency today.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2783701/

Σφιγξ said...

Vosges Super Dark Coconut Ash & Banana.

http://www.cnsspectrums.com/aspx/articledetail.aspx?articleid=1267

Σφιγξ said...

https://www.recipetineats.com/vindaloo/

I used to recall how Martin Amis made his contemptible characters like Keith Talent eat takeaways of redolent lamb vindaloo.

I like it, and I will fix it this week.